- Copy of DD214, Gold Star ID card, marriage certificate (spouse) or birth certificate (child)
- Copy of Acceptance Letter from College you desire to attend
- Short Biography, 250 words or less
- Copy of Official Academic Records: high school diploma, college transcripts, etc.
Scholarship eligibility will be assessed annually based on the following criteria:
- Adequate course enrollment and credits required to graduate on time
- Achieve minimum 2.5 GPA
- Engagement with the Gold Star Scholar community
- Join and participate in at least one extracurricular activity throughout the school year
- Accountability for use of scholarship funds
All criteria must be met in order for scholarships to be renewed. Review of renewal status is conducted each June by the foundation. Students who have to extend their expected graduation date must provide proof of extenuating circumstances. Gold Star Scholars are expected to maintain full-time enrollment in a U.S. accredited institution unless they are assuming part-time status during the semester they will graduate.
Scholarship funding can only be used toward a single, post-secondary degree.